Alliance Employment Group is seeking a Full-Time Construction Team Lead to join our warehouse construction team!
This position is in Richmond, BC!
**Contract term with strong potential for extension**
Summary of the job
The Team Lead is responsible for planning and overseeing a wide variety of warehouse construction projects from beginning to end such as leading a group of employees in a specific function/task, typically in a single division. This individual must also be able to handle both administrative and hands-on work while managing the construction projects. They are also responsible for supervision and training of a group of employees or agency temporary workers to complete tasks within their area of skill and expertise. This role should hold a level of expertise sufficient to problem solve and drive process improvement. The Team Lead may assume responsibilities under direction of management to gain experience necessary to become an assistant project manager/project manager.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
***Please note that prior experience in these fields is not necessary, you will be fully trained for these roles on site**
- Inventory lead
- Field Log Lead
- Universal Station Lead
- ARSAW Lead
- Red Badge Lead
- Drive Lead
- Charger Lead
- Fiducial Lead
- POD leads
- Provides safety leadership, responsible for identifying risk, and ensures that all workers are trained on health & safety including any required certifications such as powered lift equipment, working at heights, etc.
- Organization and assignment of tasks to meet project targets or deadlines
- Train, mentor, and delegate responsibilities of all construction workers and laborers
- Assist the Project Manager to ensure the project deliveries and plans are completed accordingly
- Identify changes to the scope of work and manage the change in process
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and problem-solving tactics
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards.
- Ability to lead a small team of workers to complete the given tasks
- Careful tracking of people and resources such as materials, equipment, and tools
- People management & coaching
- Forecasting production and resources needed
- Communication with management – updates on team and individual performance
- Previous experience in a leadership role with strong and proven leadership skills.
- Construction work experience.
- Experience problem solving in ambiguous environments.
- Physically fit, able to walk long distances and lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand and / or walk for extended periods of time.
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs and customer requirements.
- Sense of urgency, but able to manage stressful environment while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Ability to manage small to medium groups of employees and perform job tasks alongside the team.
- Relevant work experience in warehouse, manufacturing, or construction; willing to train.
- Experience using hand and/or power tools.
Why you should work with us:
- Great Potential for growth within a reputable company
- Day shifts/full time hours/Monday to Friday with occasional Weekends
- Bi-weekly pay
- Overtime and bonuses Relocation allowance
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary