The COVID-19 pandemic has been a challenging time for all of us. Unfortunately, many have succumbed to this deadly virus and our hearts go out to the family and friends of those who have lost a loved one.
Many countries continue to battle through COVID-19 where the impact of this virus required the economy to shut down to stop the spread of the virus; Canada is finally on the road to recovery, hence we need to pull together to ensure that we emerge from this crisis safely and sustainably.
From our first responders and healthcare providers working diligently to keep us safe to everyone working in restaurants and grocery stores to ensure our food and household requirements are fulfilled, to those keeping our streets and hospitals clean, our country has endured and shown its resiliency.
At AEG, we closely monitor the situation and, utilizing information provided by the Public Health Agency of Canada and the World Health Organization (WHO), we strive to continue reducing the spread of COVID-19.
The health, safety, and welfare of every member of our team as well as their family members is a high priority at Alliance Employment Group. We advise our employees to take precautions from catching and spreading COVID-19.
For the health and safety of all your coworkers, it is essential that you do not report to work if you suspect you have COVID-19. Please seek immediate medical treatment and remain as isolated as possible, ensuring that the virus is not spread to others.
Protocols we put in place include:
- We screen all employees using a touchless temperature scanner before they enter the workplace.
- We brief all employees who feel sick or whose household members experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to stay or work from home.
- Surfaces and objects along with our facilities and vehicles are sanitized and disinfected regularly.
- Employees are required to wear a face mask at all times. We also provide sanitizers in prominent places around the workplace.
- Employees must consult national travel advice before going on business trips.
Employee Guide for COVID-19:
- If you are using public transportation to get to work, please ensure that you avoid touching surfaces and avoid touching your face.
- Sanitize or wash your hands once you arrive at work.
- Maintain at least 6 feet or 2 meters of space between you and your coworkers.
- Frequently clean surfaces, such as your desks, keyboards, phones, etc.
Employer Guide for COVID-19:
- If you are unable to close your office due to the nature of your business, consider offering rotating schedules to reduce the number of people in the office at the same time.
- Accommodate remote working options for employees based on the nature of their job.
- Avoid face-to-face meetings and opt for virtual meetings.
- Place sanitizers near all frequently touched items, such as printers, coffee machines, and phones
- Communicate with your employees regularly in order to keep them engaged and motivated. Hosting video calls once or twice every week. This will help keep your team feeling united and goal-oriented.